March 25, 2012

El coro de la misa temprana - Santo Santiago Apostal / Early Sunday Mass



[Español debajo]
At this moment, while I am working on this post, if you happen to be attending the early mass at Santo Santiago Apostal in Tomatlán, you will hear the "Santa Maria Goretti" choir.
There are up to 30 boys and girls in the chorus, which has been in existence for 14 years. The young people are members of I.A.M. (Infancia y Adolescencia Misionera) and the adult leaders are Anna Celina, asesora (music advisor), Rodrigo, colaborador de musica (guitarist), Magda, administradora and la directora, Clementina.

Next year I hope to make a video clip so you can hear the voices, guitar, percussion instruments, and especially those small bells, played by one of the advanced students. Those bells are one of my favorite 'exotic' sounds of Tomatlán. And mentioning it in my column in the local paper is what got me invited to climb up the circular stone steps inside the bell-tower to the choir loft, and to take these pictures... because my column (in Spanish - my great challenge to myself!) was read by Clementina Aguilar Hernández, the wife of Dr. Roberto Gómez López (Pinta's first vet). I had not known she was also the choir director. Ah! The power of the written word.
Finally, the view out the window of the choir loft. I love those odd (for me) trees!

In este momento (cuando estoy trabajando en este ‘post’) si tu estes asistiendo la misa temprana al Santo Santiago Apostal en Tomatlán, oirás el coro que se llama Santa Maria Goretti. Hay casi treinta niños y niñas pertenecido al grupo de la I.A.M. . (Infancia y Adolescencia Misionera) de catorce años de existir.

El personal adulto: Anna Celina, asesora de cantos, Rodrigo, colaborador de musica, Magda, administradora y Clementina, directora y coordinadora general del coro y el grupo de la I.A.M. de la Parroquia Santo Santiago Apostal de Tomatlán.

Clementina Aguilar Hernández es también la esposa de M.V.Z. Roberto Gómez López, el primer veterinario de mi perra ‘Pinta’… Y eso es como yo recibí una invitación a ir del ático del coro y tomar fotos.

El año que viene, tal vez hagamos un video clip. Así compartiría los sonidos de las voces, la guitarra y instrumentos de percusión y especialmente las campanitas...

En la vista de la ventana del ático, me gustan mucho los arboles altos allí. Me pregunto, ¿Qué son? ¿Sabes tú?