February 11, 2012

Lluvia / Rain, anyone?




After this I’ll post another of my little stories in Spanish.

But first I’ll show you a couple pictures of my interesting day so far…

To start, one great thing was having a WARM shower in la dueña’s bathroom. My first since Vallarta (warm, not shower!) 3 weeks ago. Especially good because it’s been raining for the past 3 days. The electricity has been cutting in and out today. So when I head to my ‘Cyber’ around the corner, I hope it will be ‘on’. I just learned that these winter season rains are called “cabañuelas.”

Anyway, as you can see, they mean business. I should have taken more pictures out in it, because this one with me trying to cross the steps to the beautiful Santo Santiago church plaza, shows only the beginning. On my way home from errands, I had to cross many flooded streets. Picking my route became more important than documenting it - or dropping my camera in the deluge.

After I got home and took off my shoes, I made a great little hot feast for myself in the dueña’s kitchen. Where I also met 2 new visitors, her niece and granddaughter, Grecia (behind) and Airy shown here with Alba.

This is only the 2nd time I’ve experienced rain here in the winter in Tomatlán. I hope we aren’t starting some new trend…