July 12, 2011

Art Collaborations / Goings On Next Door








Here is Jacob, from my summer school group in Elim Alaska, making a block print. And, more recently, one of my students from the Arts Powered Schools Institute, putting a finishing touch on the collaborative print we made in my workshop.
This "linoleum" block-printing is fun!
Want to try it yourself ? I'f you'rein the neighborhood, I'm giving a workshop this Saturday at the Prichard Art Gallery in downtown Moscow. To find out more go here or to preregister call the gallery at 208-885-3586.

Today Next Door:
My brother and his wife are doing us one better. They were inspired by the shrinking aquifer in this part of the Palouse to invest in a rain catchment cistern. They will 'harvest' rainwater off their soon-to-be-roof.






So while we installed a 550 gal. above ground tank several years ago for watering the veggies, they are burying a 2,000(?) gal. vault. Whoa! That'll do a BIG garden! Here is was, arriving this morning.