April 14, 2012

Perfection is the enemy of everything...

Yes there is a lesson here. I just spent the better part of an hour writing this post and tweaking it, and then I must have clicked something I shouldn't have and everything but the pictures disappeared. Humm...

I recently read those words about perfection in a post called "5 Lessons in Creativity on the Return of Ze Frank" on Copyblogger. It was by Robert Bruce. It went on to say, about perfection, "We all want it. None of us will ever get it..." (Well, I hope your surgeon, or your airplane pilot can get close...)
But I have been thinking about how my photo program is set to open up with my "last 3 months' photos". For some reason I've been fascinated to see what I was doing three months before now... which seems a whole world away as I cram to pack for my final week of teaching in eastern Oregon.
I was also thinking of how life can be unsatisfying if we never take time to process...
And so I am about to embark on a very IMPERFECT attempt to think a little more about my recent past. I will choose 2 or 3 or 4 photos from 3 months ago, from that day or week... and just ponder them again as I travel forward. If the present intrudes, I'll just mingle (mangle?) it in.
I wonder, can I keep this up for one month? Will it make a difference to me? Vamos a ver...
Three months ago I had just finished beading a collar for our tomatlense perra (dog from Tomatlán) and was about to leave for Mexico...
Two days later I was having supper in Puerto Vallarta with my friend Rocio and her daughter Graciela.
That mushroom dish was fabulous. So was being barefoot again, for the first time in months.